CTools Fundamentals teaches you how to develop pixel-perfect dashboards that conform to your organization’s brand identity and provide a refined end-user experience.
Learn an easy and fast way to create dynamic dashboards which allow users to explore and understand large amounts of data using a variety of charts and tables to drill into the exact data they want.
- Learn how to create pixel-perfect reports and dashboards
- Equip yourself with reporting best practices and techniques for CTools to increase the speed of content creation
- Interactive, hands-on training materials significantly improve skill development and maximize retention
At the completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the top-bottom approach for dashboard design
- Describe the purpose of a dashboard framework such as CDF
- Describe the purposes and uses of the core CTools: CDA, CDE, and CCC
- Identify the technology used in CTools
- Describe the CTools training environment
- Create a layout for a dashboard using CDE
- Describe the core concepts behind CDE's lifecycle
- Describe the CDE Data Sources perspective
- Add Mondrian data sources to a dashboard
- Describe the CDE Components perspective
- Add a table component to a dashboard
- Describe CCC and CCC2
- Add a pie chart and line chart to a dashboard
- Use the CTools documentation to find extension points for customizing charts
- Add parameter components to a dashboard
- Specify the parameters and listeners for dashboard components
- Add selector components to a dashboard
- Describe how widgets are used with CDE dashboards
Students attending classroom courses in the United States are provided with a PC to use during class. Students attending courses outside the US should contact the Authorized Training Provider regarding PC requirements for Pentaho courses.
In general, if your training provider requires you to bring a PC to class, it must meet the following requirements. You can also verify your system against the Compatibility Matrix: List of Supported Products topic in the Pentaho Documentation site.
- Windows XP, 7 desktop operating system (for Macintosh support, please contact your Customer Success Manager)
- RAM: at least 4GB
- Hard drive space: at least 2GB for the software, and more for solution and content files
- Processor: dual-core AMD64 or Intel EM64T
- USB port
Online courses require a broadband Internet connection, the use of a modern Web browser (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox), and the ability to connect to GoToTraining. For more information on GoToTraining requirements, see www.gotomeeting.com/online/training. Online courses use Pentaho’s cloud-based exercise environment. Students are provided access to a virtual machine used to complete the exercises.
For online courses, students are provided with a secured, electronic course manual. Printed manuals are not provided for online courses. When an electronic manual is provided, students are encouraged to print the exercise book before class begins, though this is not required.
Students attending this course on-site should contact their Customer Success Manager for hardware and software requirements. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding on-site training requirements.
Module 1: Dashboard Design
Lesson 1: Dashboard Design Stages
Module 2: CTools Architecture
Lesson 1: CTools Architecture
Module 3: Introduction to CDF and CDE
Lesson 1: CDF Technology, Features and Uses
Lesson 2: Introduction to CDE
Lesson 3: The CDE Layout Perspective
Exercise 3-1: Create the Layout Grid for the kpiRow
Module 4: Creating Dashboard Data Sources with CDA
Lesson 1: Introduction to CDA
Lesson 2: Adding a Mondrian Data Source to the Dashboard
Exercise 4-1: Add the lineChartQuery to the Dashboard
Lesson 3: Adding Compound Data Accesses
Module 5: Adding Components to the Dashboard
Lesson 1: The Components Perspective
Module 6: Configuring Charts with CCC
Lesson 1: Introduction to CCC2
Module 7: Interaction Between Components
Lesson 1: Adding Parameters
Lesson 2: Adding Selectors