This course is designed to introduce software architects to the different ways of embedding Pentaho into their own environment. Topics include understanding how to provide a common look & feel, how to embed Pentaho reports and visualizations into your application, how to take advantage of Pentaho data services, and how to directly call Pentaho APIs. At the conclusion of this course, you will understand the various approaches and techniques available for embedding Pentaho.
This course focuses heavily on labs to allow you practical hands-on application of the topics covered in each section.
The course is fast paced and intended for a technical audience with a firm grasp of business intelligence and the Pentaho BA suite.
Familiarity with Java programming is beneficial for this class.
- Improve productivity by giving your software architects the skills they need to embed Pentaho
- Interactive, hands-on training materials significantly improve skill development and maximize retention
At the completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Create custom look & feel for Pentaho content
- Integrate Pentaho content at the UI level via RESTful API calls
- Directly access Pentaho data via web service calls
- Embed Pentaho capabilities via Java API calls.
Students should complete BA1000 Business Analytics User Console for a general understanding of the Pentaho visualization tools and their purposes or have equivalent Pentaho field experience.
The course is fast paced and intended for a technical audience with a firm grasp of business intelligence and the Pentaho BA suite. Familiarity with Java is beneficial.
Students attending classroom courses in the United States are provided with a PC to use during class. Students attending courses outside the US should contact the Authorized Training Provider regarding PC requirements for Pentaho courses.
In general, if your training provider requires you to bring a PC, it must meet the following requirements. You can also verify your system against the Compatibility Matrix: List of Supported Products topic in the Pentaho Documentation site.
- OS X or Linux desktop operating system. Windows XP & 7 are acceptable but not preferable (for Macintosh support, please contact your Customer Success Manager)
- Java 7 installed
- A Java code editing tool installed such as Eclipse or IntelliJ. Text editors are not recommended
- RAM: at least 10GB
- Hard drive space: at least 2GB for the software, and more for solution and content files
- Processor: dual-core AMD64 or Intel EM64T
Students attending this course on-site should contact their Customer Success Manager for hardware and software requirements. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding on-site training requirements.
Module 1: Embedding Approaches
Module 2: Bundled Embedding
Lab: Creating a Pentaho Theme
Lab: Creating a Report Template
Lab: Creating a PIR Template
Lab: Creating an Enterprise Dashboard Template
Module 3: Mashup Embedding
Lab: Integrating Pentaho BA Content
Module 4: Extending Embedding (Part 1)
Lab: Using an XMLA Service
Module 4: Extending Embedding (Part 2)
Lab: Using a KTR Service
Lab: Using a CDA Service
Module 5: Unified Embedding
Lab: Embedding Pentaho Reporting
Lab: Embedding Mondrian
Lab: Embedding Kettle